2.15.2012

Keating's Birthday Recap

Keating had a great 2nd birthday! I was hoping that the weatherman had been wrong about the predicted temperatures and wind gusts, but naturally this one time he was right! The party was still a huge success despite the cold. I think this is something we are going to have to deal with every year, it's just part of having a February birthday. We decided to get the inflatable Cars bounce anyways and staked it down securely. I am glad that we did, apparently kids don't care how cold it is, they will play despite frost bite and snot running down their faces. Lovely.

Here are a few pics of the decorations I took before all of the food was set out. In case you are wondering, people had a lot more to choose from than cupcakes and ring pops! We also had a "hot dog bar" with a lot of fun fixings, homemade potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans and a variety of delectable dips. After seeing the huge balloons that Erika at Urban Grace got for her daughter's birthday party, I had to track them down. I had planned on also using these for Keating's 2 year old photos, but it was way too cold and he fell and busted his lip... so much for photos with massive balloons.



I also stole borrowed her idea of using candy melts to make polka dots on the cake. (I have to give credit where credit is due, she is one creative lady) The cake was a boxed yellow cake with homemade almond buttercream frosting. YUM!


They were accompanied with lemon cupcakes and vanilla buttercream frosting.


Keating posing in his classic "cheese face." It is really quite hard to get him to make as normal face these days.


Much better. (If you ever want to know how much pregnancy weight you have gained, just have your photo taken... yikes!)


This was the first present that Keating pulled out of the bag when it was time to open gifts. He grabbed the shovel, hopped off the couch and ran to the back yard to start playing with it. Needless to say, he loved the gift and was ready to get to work in the yard! After I drug him back in, he got lots of great gifts that he also went crazy over. He wanted to start playing with each one as he opened it.



He had mastered how to sing himself "happy birthday" in the previous week so he was a pro when it was time to sing.


And even blew out the candle without spitting all over the cake!We were so happy that so many family and friends could be there to share in our man's 2nd birthday. He truly had a blast and was exhausted by the end of the day.








Thanks for all of Keating's birthday wishes, if he could read my blog, facebook, and twitter page he would be very thankful!

11 comments:

  1. Adorable Birthday! My daughter has a February birthday too and you just never know about the weather. Last year, the day I was induced, it was freezing cold and when I left the hospital two days later it was like 75 degrees. Crazy weather! Keating's facial expressions are so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious birthday party! This belongs on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! what a great party.....and booo for cold weather ...my little guy turned 2 in january so im a bit sad all his bdays will be freezing :(

    I love those big balloons too...NEED.THEM.NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute was the party!! you did a great job and those balloons were PERFECT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a sweetheart! Glad the kids had a blast and you did a great job with all the yellow details.

    Love his cheese face :) My Jett (who turns two in April) is going through a similar phase.

    xo,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. gah, he is the CUTEST!!!

    and cupcakes and ring pops would be enough food for me =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looked great! And you looked great too- what weight are you talking about?!
    Glad all the kiddos had fun and braved the weather. I like that tip of using candy melts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looked great! And you looked great too- what weight are you talking about?!
    Glad all the kiddos had fun and braved the weather. I like that tip of using candy melts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally missed that he is 2 already!! He is the cutest. Can't wait to see how our new little boys grow up together :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you end up finding the balloons? They're awesome! I'd like to find some for my little man's first birthday in June.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments!